The best places for Sicilian granita
We can recommend some places to taste authentic granita in Milazzo and Messina:
- In the town centre of Milazzo, at Chantilly Cafè, the owner makes different types of granita with fresh fruit every day and the secret ingredient is his passion. Granita is the best mix of fresh fruit, sugar and water. Everything is perfectly balanced, the quantity of sugar depends on the sweetness of the fruit, in order to make it sweet enough rather than cloying. Granita must be refreshing and rich to dip the brioche into it.The owners were so kind and they opened the door of their lab by revealing us all the secrets of their granite…Take a look at our photos!Don’t be shy, try all the combinations you like and let the staff recommend what is better for you! Their specialty is ricotta cheese granita, something really tasty! Their ice-cream is really good too, try Cassata and Sapori di Sicilia – two typical Sicilian flavours.
- Besides, in the centre of Messina, at Pasticceria Irrera, a traditional pastry shop, you will find different flavours and the brioche is really soft and tasty. At Punta Faro, at Bar Eden the fruit flavours are really scrumptious and fresh, and the brioches are freshly baked throughout the day.
- During a trip on Mount Etna, you can't stop in Randazzo and taste the deliciuos granita of Bar Musumeci
- In Catania you can stop in Savia and Caffè Europa
- In Acitrezza don't miss Mythos